Excellence in Leadership
The Superintendent of Schools is the Chief Executive Officer of the District and reports directly to the Board of Trustees. The Spring Branch ISD Board of Trustees named Dr. Scott Muri as the district’s Superintendent July 1, 2015.
From his role as a former classroom teacher Dr. Muri has followed a career path that's taken him up the administrative ranks, but his heart is still in teaching because that’s where he believes the important work that matters takes place - with children in the classroom.
Learn more about this dynamic leader, his belief about the power of education, and his vision for the role of Superintendent of Schools in Spring Branch here.
(Board of Trustees policies BJA (Legal) and BJA (Local) provide descriptions of the duties of the Superintendent.)
Connect with Dr. Muri on his Twitter feed @ScottMuri. #visionLock
Additional Links & Resources:
- Responsible for the daily operation and leadership of the District. Oversees an organization with a $275,000,000 budget serving 35,000 students and 4,800 employees.
Training, Certifications & Education
- Educational Doctorate, Educational Leadership, Wingate University, Matthews, North Carolina, 2011
- Master’s Degree, Public School Administration, Stetson University, Deland, Florida, 2001
- National Board Certified Teacher, Early Adolescence/Generalist, The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, 1994
- Master’s Level Work in Public School Administration, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC, 1994-1995
- Bachelor of Arts in Intermediate Education and Middle School Education, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC, 1988
Scott R. Muri, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
955 Campbell Road
Houston, TX 77024