Class Rank is calculated at the end of three, five, six and seven semesters.
According to SBISD policy,
- The rank after three and five semesters is a quarter ranking. Students are notified of these results by mail.
- The six and seven semester ranks are reported as both quarter and numerical. Students are notified of these results by mail.
Beginning with the 2009-2010 school year seniors receive two preliminary rankings and one final rank.
- The first preliminary rank (six semesters) will be available prior to August 1.
- A second preliminary ranking (six semesters and retake summer school grades) will be calculated prior to October 1. This rank includes records for all seniors enrolled, including seniors new to SWHS.
- The final ranking (seven semesters) will be issued prior to February 1.
- No calculation is done at the end of the senior year.
Maximum Grade Points available per semester:
Semester 1- seven classes = 46 grade points
Semester 2- seven classes = 46 grade points
Semester 3- seven classes = 46 grade points
Semester 4- seven classes = 46 grade points
Semester 5- seven classes = 46 grade points
Semester 6- seven classes = 46 grade points
Preliminary ranks: 42 classes = 276 grade points… Highest GPA = 6.5714
Keep in mind that each group of students is different and that class rank is related to their peer group.