Valedictorian- Student(s) with the highest seven semester Grade Point Average
Salutatorian- Student(s) with the second highest seven semester Grade Point Average
Top 15% recognized by Spring Woods High School
- Magna Cum Laude- top 5%
- Cum Laude- remainder of the top 15%
Top 10% as recognized by the State of Texas
- Cannot include more than 10% of the senior class
- Determines priority admission to state colleges and universities
State of Texas “Highest Ranking Graduate”- Texas Education Code, Section 54.201. The SBISD approved method for selection at SWHS is:
- The valedictorian as determined by a seven-semester class rank.
- In the case of a tie, the "Honor Graduate Certificate" will be awarded according to the following sequence until the tie is broken.
- The student who has spent four years at Spring Woods High School in grades 9 - 12
- The highest seven-semester numerical average (carried to four places after the decimal) of those courses used to calculate the class rank
- The highest eight-semester numerical average (carried to four places after the decimal) of those courses used to calculate the class rank