About Spring Woods High School
• Comprehensive public high school (grades 9-12) offering challenging, college bound high school experience for a diverse student body where 75% of students qualify for free/reduced lunch. Through high quality teaching, the integration of technology, and a wide range of electives and enrichment experiences our students are challenged to understand and engage in our global society.
• Over the past six years, Spring Woods has nearly tripled the percentage of students offered college scholarships, reaching $2.1 million in 2013.
• #1, Greater Houston’s Best Urban Comprehensive High School, Children at Risk - 2011
• GEAR UP Grant, U.S. Department of Education, Class of 2011
• Strong relationship with area businesses and colleges provides students with job shadowing opportunities, mentors and college scholarship support
• Partnership with Houston Community College offers students a full Early College program where they can earn up to 30 college credit hours while still in high school
• Texas Education Agency Gold Performance Award – 2010, 2009, 2008
• Specialized programs for students with specifi c career/academic interest: Health Occupations Students of America, Future Teachers of America internship program, rocket design course, highly competitive debate and UIL academic teams, and an in-house broadcasting program that engages students in realworld projects on campus and in the community
• Co-curricular program includes award-winning fi ne arts program with state-of-the-art facilities for band, orchestra, choir, art theater and dance, as well as other academic and special interest clubs, National Honor Society, and student government
• UIL sponsored athletic programs, Class 4A: baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, soccer, softball, swimming/diving, tennis, track & fi eld, volleyball