Spring Woods Men's Soccer
Welcome back for another season of Tiger Soccer! The boys varsity soccer team is coming off a historic season where they won the district title for the third straight year. This season the Tigers are looking to get back to the Regional Tournament and ultimately reach the State Tournament and capture the state title in their new move up to class 6-A.
IMPORTANT!!! All soccer student-athletes in the athletic periods must have their physical complete upon their return to school August 22.
2016-2017 Boys Soccer Schedule
Click to open the ONLINE VERSION PRE-PARTICIPATION FORM (English version). This must be completed by all student-athletes in the SWHS soccer program. The physical must still be printed out and, filled out signed and taken to the doctor to do the examination.
Click to open the Pre-participation Medical History and Physical Examination Form (English version). This must be completed by all student-athletes in the SWHS soccer program.
Click to open the PAPF (Previous Athletic Participation Form). The Questionnaire (page 1) must be completed by any incoming freshmen or incoming student to SWHS.
Coach Yaya will be working with the senior soccer athletes this year in the T24 program and Coach Keisler will be working with the juniors and sophomores. We will be teaming up to work with both groups as well. The T24 program will allow us to closely work with the boys on preparing for college and postsecondary opportunities. We plan to discuss, teach and facilitate these young men with college research, college applications, financial aid and scholarship applications, game film production and submission for recruitment, NCAA Eligibility Center, SAT/ACT preparations, graduation requirements, grade checks, resume building, college/job visits, and much, much more.
Click to go to the Naviance website
Spring Woods High School Soccer Alumni who played/are currently playing in college/professional (*currently playing)
- Alan Urquiza (Class of 2016) will attend and play at Pine Manor College (Division 3) (Boston, MA)
- Luis Sanchez (Class of 2015) plays at St. Mary's University (Division 2) (San Antonio, TX)
- Alec Barraza (Class of 2014) played at Western Texas College (JUCO) (Snyder, TX)
- Gustavo Ramirez (Class of 2014) played at Western Texas College (JUCO) (Snyder, TX)
- Sean Michael Alvarez (Class of 2010) played at The University of St. Thomas (Division 3) (Houston, TX). Also, played at Army (Division 1) (West Point, NY)
- Mateo Jiménez (Class of 2009) graduated (Master in Accounting) and played at Houston Baptist University (Division 1) (Houston, TX)
- Tony Banda (Class of 2008) played at Western Texas College (JUCO) (Snyder, TX)
- Salvador Solano (Class of 2008) played at Western Texas College (JUCO) (Snyder, TX)
- Cesar Padilla (Class of 2006) played professional at Deportivo Saprissa (PRO) (Costa Rica)
Spring Woods High School Playoff History
- 2016 (Coach Wadey Yaya): 18-3-3 (district champions) beat Houston Davis 4-0 in bi-district. Beat Temple 2-0 in area. Lost 1-0 to Pflugerville Connally in regional quarterfinals.
- 2015 (Coach Wadey Yaya): 20-3-3 (district champions) beat Houston Austin 5-0 in bi-district. Beat College Station 3-1 in area. Beat Waco University 2-0 in regional quarterfinals. Beat Ridge Point 3-0 in regional semis. Lost to Tomball Memorial 1-0 in regional finals.
- 2014 (Coach Wadey Yaya): 19-5-0 (district champions) beat CE King 3-0 in bi-district. Beat Sharpstown 3-1 OT in area. Beat Jeff Davis 5-0 in sectionals. Beat Ridge Point 8-0 in regional quarterfinals. Beat Jacksonville 2-1 in regional semis. Lost to Houston Lee 3-1 in OT in regional finals.
- 2013 (Coach Wadey Yaya): 15-5-5 (2nd in district) and beat District 41-4A 3rd place team CE King 2-0 in the bi-district round. Lost 2-0 to Friendswood in the area round.
- 2012 (Coach Wadey Yaya): 9-7-3 (2nd in district) and beat District 41-4A 3rd place team Goose Creek Memorial 2-0 in the bi-district round. Lost 2-0 to Friendswood in the area round.
- 2011 (Coach Wadey Yaya): Finshed 9-8-3 (4th in district) and beat District 41-4A champions Baytown Lee 2-1 in a thrilling bi-district match. Lost 1-0 to Houston Reagan in the area round.
- 2008 (Coach Wadey Yaya): Finished 8-10-3 (4th in district) and lost to Westside 2-0 in the bi-district playoffs.
- 2007 (Coach Wadey Yaya): Finished 14-6-1 (district champions). Beat Lamar 1-1 (6-5 SO) in an exciting 13 round shootout bi-district playoff battle. Lost 3-2 to state tournament semi-finalist Morton Ranch in an area round playoff thriller.
- 2006 (Coach Wadey Yaya): Finished 6-6-6 (3rd in district) and lost 3-2 to Cy Falls HS in the last seconds of the second overtime in the bi-district playoffs.
- 2005 (Coach Denis Blais): Finished 19-2-1 (district champions). Lost a heartbreaker to Fort Bend Austin 3-2 in the area round of playoffs.
- 2004 (Coach Denis Blais): Finished 13-6-4 (3rd in district). Lost a heartbreaker to Deer Park in the area round of playoffs.
- 2002 (Coach Steve Boesch): Lost in the regionals
- 2001 (Coach Steve Boesch):
- 1994 (Coach Marc Pollicove): Lost to Lamar 3-1 in the first round of the playoffs.
- 1983 (Coach David Hughes): First playoff appearance in school history.
"We're on a Quest, to be the Best!"
"Hard Work Beats Talent, When Talent Doesn't Work Hard!"
Powered by Translate