OUTLINE FOR ARTIST REPORT POWERPOINT SLIDESHOW
Your presentation should be thorough and the majority of the slides should have very little to no notes/words on the slides. You need to be able to explain the work without relying on reading off of the slideshow.
Your presentation should contain photographs with high quality images (not pixelated). Your presentation should have 20 images of the artist’s work. If this is an issue, please see me prior to the day that you give your presentation.
Background Information on Artist
- Include a photograph of artist
- Education: do they have a masters? Where from? Where did they go for undergraduate school?
- Where did they grow up?
- How did they start making photographs? Why?
- What type of artwork do they make?
- What type of camera do they use?
- What is the subject matter in the photographs? Who or what is represented?
- Does the artist have an artist statement? If so, please summarize and pull important quotations from it.
- Try and find a video of the artist speaking about their work
- Make sure the video is no longer than ten minutes
- Watch entire video PRIOR to presentation to ensure that images shown are appropriate for school
Body of Work
- What type of photographs do they take?
- What is their concept?
- What is the meaning that the artist is trying to portray in the photographs?
- What years was the artwork made?
- What is the location of where the work was made?
- Where can you find this artists work?
- What is the title of the photograph?
- What do you think of the artwork?
- What did you learn about the artist that you didn’t know already?
- What was the most interesting thing about the artist?
- Google the artists name in quotations (ex: “Alec Soth”)
- Artist’s website
- Gallery website
- Museum website
- Interviews with magazines
- Interviews found on blogs
- Artist book at library/book store
- Vimeo for videos
- Youtube for videos
*Presentation need to be created on a slideshow platform and turned in to Miss Garison at the beginning of class
*Presentations need to be on a flash drive that can be plugged into Miss Garison’s computer or opened on Google
*Presentation will happen at the beginning of class