MHS Dress Code Policy
The MHS dress code is established to prevent disruption, avoid safety hazards and prepare each student for future employability. Any clothing or grooming that, in the Principal’s judgment, may reasonably be expected to cause disruption or interference with normal school operations will not be allowed.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. No bare feet or house shoes will be permitted.
- Tank tops, tube tops, bare midriff or half shirts, halter type blouses, sleeveless shirts, or mesh are not permitted. T-shirts must be size appropriate.
- Garments that expose the midriff are unacceptable. Shirts should come to the top of the lower article of clothing, even when sitting down, raising hand, etc. No torn and tattered clothing or clothing with holes that expose the skin.
- The length of a girl’s shorts must be no shorter than mid-thigh. This is roughly four inches from the top of the knee. Yoga pants, leggings and jeggings may only be worn with a shirt/sweater long enough to make the student’s appearance reasonable and appropriate.
- Hats, caps, or sunglasses are not permitted on campus during regular school hours.
- No facial piercings are allowed. Earrings may only be worn in the ears.
- Facial hair, with the exception of mustaches, is not permitted. Sideburns should not extend below the ear lobes. Boys’ pants must be worn at the waist.
- All students must meet the school policy with regard to health, cleanliness and appearance.
- All safety rules must be obeyed.
Violations of the dress code shall result in disciplinary action.