AOC Night School Spring 2017
Enrollment begins December 1, 2016
Classes begin January 9, 2017
AOC Night School classrooms are open Monday-Thursday from 4:00pm-6:50pm, beginning September 6th except for on the following dates:
Wednesday, January 25
Wednesday, February 22
Wednesday, March 29
Wednesday, April 26
These courses will be offered through Apex Learning, thus allowing flexible, student-centered schedules. Some of the classwork may be done at home. Since some of the work must be done in the classroom, students who have too many evening conflicts may want to choose another option for credit recovery. Good attendance and study habits are extremely important. It is recommended that a student devote 8-10 hours per week to his/her course, whether at home or in the classroom. The certified teachers will assist students on campus with one-on-one or small-group tutoring as needed. Enrollment is done via the student’s zoned campus counselor. To ensure student success, students can only enroll in one course at a time. The deadline to enroll for a fall course is October 11.
Language Arts: English 1- 4
Math: Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry, and Math Models
Science: Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Systems (Semester 1), IPC, and Physics
Social Studies: World Geography, World History, US History, Economics, Government
These courses are offered for original credit. They meet each day from 4-6:50 pm, Monday-Thursday, and students are expected to attend each day for the full class period in order to receive credit. Keep in mind that these classes tend to fill quickly, so enroll as early as possible.
- Government: January 17 - February 2
- Communication Applications: January 17 - February 2
- Economics: February 13 - March 2
- Special Topics in Social Studies: Film as Social & Cultural History, March 27 - April 12
- SAT Prep, February 13 - March 2, in preparation for the March 11th Test (0.5 elective credit)
- Students will enter and leave the school premises through the front lobby only.
- No transportation will be provided for night-school students.
- Students should arrange to be picked up no later than 6:50 pm.
- Upon completion of the course, an online grade summary and credit verification form will be sent to the campus registrar.
Alan Gray - Assistant Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Aurelia Popa – Support Specialist email@example.com
AOC Night School Phone: 713-251-1521
AOC Address: 8655 Emnora Lane, Houston, Texas, 77080